Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Fasting: Day 4

After four days of eating nothing and drinking only a small glass of vegetable juice and large amounts of water, things are going pretty well. I had many thoughts about self-indulgent foods, especially carb rich junk foods, but I no longer contend with such thoughts at this stage. This is a great spiritual advancement for me since it has helped eliminate many egos of desire.

My digestive system is completely shut down, since it only needs to process liquids, so I would imagine that it is in a much needed state of repair. The rest of my body is autodigesting the damaged parts of itself and utilising that material to rebuild. In the process many toxins have been released into the blood stream and thence into the urine. It is quite a noticeable effect indeed.

My body feels a little different than normal, I've lost some weight and my heart rate is up a little bit; but I am able to go about my day unrestrained provided I don't do too much physical activity. I've been drinking about 150 ounces of water each day in order to help cleanse myself down to the cellular level.

I have not drank any juice today and don't plan on doing so for the remainder of the fast unless I find myself unable to go to work. At this juncture, I plan on doing this for at least one more day. If I feel up to it, then I will break the fast on Friday morning instead of tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whay ta go buddy....4 days is 1/10 of the waaay...after which a good indulgence of popcorn is useful...