Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Completion of the fasting

Due to a bout of inhospitably cold weather, I ended up breaking the fast much earlier than I had hoped. I spent a total of about 3 and 3/4 days fasting this time; the decision was a difficult one, since I felt no necessity to eat, but I felt it was wise to wait and fast again when the temperature warms up in a couple of months.

Now that I have carefully retoxed my system and had a few days to carefully contemplate and observe the effects of the recent fast, I find that this fast has accomplished far more than I had envisaged.

My whole body feels a youthful radiance that, I believe, is even stronger than the last time I fasted. I can feel the blood and chi flowing through my body in such a way that, in comparison to how it was prior to the fast, the difference is like night and day.

I practiced Tai Chi and Yoga last night, and I was shocked by the increased level of responsiveness and greatly increased flexibility that I was able to achieve. During the Yoga class, for the first time since I started seriously studying the art, we practiced head stands; I had never even attempted a head stand and was actually able to do it with the help of a wall.

During the Tai Chi class I practiced by free styling Tai Chi for over an hour. With the help of a few excellent insight from my teacher, I felt great improvement in connectedness and fluidity of motion; I also felt the blood and chi flowing through me even more-so than it had when I was a few years younger and practicing Tai Chi for hours each day.

For me this is a great turning point. Once again it confirms that the information I have been reading about fasting, detox and diet is accurate. I can feel so many improvements in my overall state of mental and physical being that I now harbor in myself a deep sense of happiness and contentment; a sense that I have not felt in a long long time, if ever at this magnitude.

No comments: